Swiss prosecutors who investigate corruption in football gets a promise from FIFA on Thursday that investigators will get emails access of general secretary Jerome Valcke is being suspended, if the various requirements can be met. Swiss Attorney General requested access to all Valckes email as part of investigations into the nomination process for the World Cup host in 2018 & 2022. Lauber received many electronic documents associated with the case, but the correspondent Valcke – the former right hand of FIFA president Sepp Blatter – has so far been blocked.
But on Thursday, “FIFA informed to the Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland that FIFA will give you access to email accounts of Mr. Jerome Valcke if various requirements can be met,” said a statement sent to AFP by Andre Marty, a spokesman Lauber. Promise of FIFA that occurs when the executive committee meets in Zurich, where officials received the reforms regarding the crisis around the world football organization is being hit by the scandal.
Blatter ready to face the media on Friday, where he will be greeted statement and questions about the Swiss investigation, which is separate from the investigation into the US camp that looking for corruption in the world of football, as well as sudden dismissal of Valcke. Valcke left his position last week amid allegations that he agreed that World Cup tickets are sold at prices that are rising rapidly. Swiss man was dismissed allegations he had made a mistake.
The Swiss prosecutor, who requested access to the correspondent Valcke before he was fired, gives no indication of the requirements demanded FIFA exchange for unblocking of the email. FIFA on Thursday morning confirmed it was “committed” to assist in any investigation.
The general attorney previously said the assets include flats in the Swiss Alps has been seized as part of the investigation, in which he warned that it has not even reached the age halftime. Lauber did not mention the names of others who may face criminal charges in Switzerland, and thus it remains unclear whether Valcke is the main target.
However, before his dismissal, the former secretary general has been under threat after being involved in the alleged bribery by South Africa related to their right to host the 2010 World Cup. Russia and Qatar won the right to host the World Cup in 2018 and 2022, but they may lose that right if there is clear evidence that bribery, FIFA officials said.
Since the last meeting of the executive committee, the crisis surrounding FIFA has increased. On Wednesday, Swiss Justice Ministry is approved the extradition to US for Rafael Esquievel, the man from Venezuela who is a former FIFA official, who is one of a number of people were arrested in early morning raids in Zurich on May. Switzerland also approved transfer to the jurisdiction of the United States against the former FIFA vice president Eugenio Figueredo, the man from Uruguay, where decisions extradition of 4 other suspects will be out in the next few days.